The current chill in the air has me thinking about one thing and one thing only – the holidays!
We still have a bit of time before Christmas is here, but I’m 100% one of those people who views the entire months of November and December as a giant precursor to the big day (December 25). I absolutely love anything and everything having to do with the holidays, much to my husband’s chagrin as he has to deal with the 24/7 Christmas carols, making ornaments, gift wrapping, and overall holly jolliness.
However, there’s one part of my holiday fanaticism that he doesn’t mind one bit – baking!
I don’t do a ton of baking around the year (although with the pandemic last spring, I spent much more time experimenting with new recipes in my kitchen).
Christmas is go-time for baking for me, though. I used to stick to just one or two favorite cookie recipes but now that I have a stand mixer (I love my KitchenAid!), I spend a lot of time playing around with different recipes for cookies and other baked goods around the holidays.
If you’re pressed for time and looking for a short (but undeniably sweet!) roundup of the best Christmas cookie recipes, never fear – you’ve come to the right place. Here are 200 of my all-time favorite Christmas cookie recipes that you’ve got to try out ASAP.
**J&R Pierce Family Farm is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by linking to products on Amazon. I often link to Amazon when recommending certain products, and if you choose to purchase, I may earn a small percentage of the sale. It costs you nothing extra, and all recommended products are ones that I personally vouch for. **
200 All Time Best Christmas Cookie Recipes
1. Classic Sugar Cookie – Delish
Say no more – Christmas is all about the sugar cookie.
2. Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie – Delish
Another essential on Santa’s cookie tray.
3. Ugly Sweater Cookies – Taste of Home
4. Peanut Butter Balls – Delish
Some people call them candy, some people think they’re cookies – either way, peanut butter balls (also known as peanut butter snowballs) need to make an appearance at your holiday party.
5. Buttery Spritz Cookies – Add a Pinch
6. Gingerbread Cookies – Delish
I’ve still yet to master the art of the gingerbread man, but this recipe is a great place to start.
7. Chocolate Lebkuchen Cherry Balls – MasterCook
8. Crescent Mini Chip Cookies – A Pinch of Joy
9. Peanut Butter Blossoms – Delish
My dad has a not-so-PG name for these cookies (I won’t share, but use your imagination). Nevertheless, they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser in your household, too.
10. Hazelnut Yule Logs – Taste of Home
11. Hungarian Walnut Cookies – Recipe Land
12. Easy Icebox Cookies – Delish
Don’t feel like you have to do all of your baking in one day. Here’s the solution.
13. Chocolate Strawberry Pretzel Cookies – Taste of Home
14. Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies – Taste of Home
15. Christmas Pinwheels – Delish
Colorful and tasty? Check and check.Get 6 months FREE when you buy an Echo
16. Chai Latte Sandwich Cookies – Broma Bakery
17. Holiday Cutout Cookies – Once Upon a Chef
18. Almond Bonbon Cookies – Taste of Home
19. Thumbprint Cookies – Delish
20. Chocolate Reindeer Cookies – Fireflies and Mud Pies
21. Tiny Tim Sandwich Cookies – Taste of Home
22. Gooey Caramel-Topped Gingersnaps – MasterCook
23. Creme Brulee Sugar Cookies – Delish
I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to master the art of creme brulee, but these creme brulee sugar cookies REALLY make me want to try (or at least serve as a good substitution in the meantime, albeit much less fancy).
24. Cranberry Port Cookies – Taste of Home
25. Reese’s Chip Cookies – Delish
Reese’s are my favorite kind of candy, so it makes sense that these cookies make my list of the top performers, too.
26. Meringue Candy Canes – Betty Crocker
27. Santa’s Trash Cookies – Delish
Although they look a bit hectic, these cookies are actually quite scrumptious and easy to make.
28. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – Marsha’s Baking Addiction
29. Raspberry Ribbons – Midwest Living
30. Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies – Taste of Home
31. Shortbread Cookies – Delish
Nothing like a batch of shortbread to liven up the holidays, am I right?
32. Pecan Roll-Ups – Taste of Home
33. Cookie Sticks – Just a Taste
34. Sugar Cookie Trees – Delish
You’ll have to spend a bit more time with the piping bag on this one, but trust me – it’s well worth the effort.
35. Pumpkin Sage Beurre Noisette Cookies – Taste of Home
36. Butterscotch Eggnog Stars – Taste of Home
37. Walnut Filled Pillows – Taste of Home
38. Cardamom Orange Sugar Cookies – Epicurious
39. Peppermint Patty-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies – Delish
My mom is a huge fan of York peppermint patties, so I’ll have to make sure I add these to my Christmas cookie list this year.
40. Fruit and Spice Rounds – Taste of Home
41. Silver Bells – Taste of Home
You can use edible shimmer dust to make these cookies really shine.
42. Citrus Gingerbread Cookies – Taste of Home
43. Pignoli Cookies – Delish
44. Molasses Cookies – Sally’s Baking Addiction
45. Cherry Almond Snowdrops – Taste of Home
46. Chocolate Linzer Cookies – Sweet and Savory Meals
47. White Chocolate Gingerbread Yule Logs – Broma Bakery
48. Gingerbread Teddy Bears – Taste of Home
49. Holiday Cornflake Cookies – Taste of Home
50. Jeweled Cookies – Taste of Home
51. Salted Caramel Cinnamon Macarons – Sally’s Baking Addiction
52. Chocolate Walnut Crescents – Taste of Home
53. Grandma’s Raspberry Rugelach – Taste of Home
54. Frozen Snowflake Gingerbread Cookies – Taste of Home
55. Cowboy Cookies – Delish
Yeehaw – and all that.
56. Italian Honey Clusters – Taste of Home
57. Kourabiedes – Cooking for Keeps
58. Marzipan Cups with Currant Jelly – Taste of Home
59. Brookies – Delish
Brownies + cookies = yes please.
60. Peanut Butter Spritz Fingers – Taste of Home
61. Holly Berry Cookies – Just a Pinch
62. Red and Green Pinwheels – Taste of Home
63. Easy Mint Thins – Taste of Home
Just like the Girl Scout ones!
64. Lemon Butter Cookies – Delish
So many people think that lemon has to be saved for the spring, but I disagree. Make these cookies a fixture on your holiday cookie plate.
65. Elf Cookies – Favorite Family Recipes
66. Beth’s Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – Allrecipes
67. Salted Caramel Cookie Cups – Sugar Salt Magic
68. Shortbread Bites – Delish
69. Ginger Cookies – Allrecipes
70. Chocolate Caramel Kiss Cookies – Taste of Home
71. Chocolate Shortbread – Cookies & Cups
72. Flourless Fudge Cookies – Delish
Out of flour? No problem. These cookies don’t need it.
73. Ginger Cookies with Vanilla Frosting – The Spruce Eats
My husband’s favorite!
74. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti – Allrecipes
These slices of heaven will look great on your favorite Christmas cookie tray.
75. Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies – Taste of Home
76. Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints – Allrecipes
77. Fruitcake Cookies – Noshing With the Nolands
78. Lemon Snowdrops – Food and Wine Magazine
79. Cranberry Pecan Tassies – Better Homes and Gardens
80. French Macarons – Delish
81. Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Sugar and Charm
82. Italian Chocolate Spice Cookies – She Loves Biscotti
83. Cranberry Orange Cookies – Allrecipes
84. Peppermint Meringues – Allrecipes
Add an extra drop of pure peppermint extract to enhance the flavor.
85. Pistachio Buttons – Taste of Home
86. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies – Delish
87. Oreo Cookie Balls – Baking a Moment
88. Coconut Macaroons – Allrecipes
89. Holiday Wreath Cookies – Dinner at the Zoo
90. Russian Tea Cakes – Allrecipes
91. Buckeye Balls – Allrecipes
92. Berry-Almond Sandwich Cookies – Taste of Home
93. Andes Chip Cookies – Delish
Andes – they aren’t just for the hotel pillow anymore.
94. Santa Claus Sugar Cookies – Pillsbury
95. Kerstkransjes (Dutch Christmas Cookies) – Cakies
96. Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookies – Land O’Lakes
97. Classic Linzer Cookie – Delish
98. Chocolate Cutout Cookies – House of Nash Eats
99. Peppermint Biscotti – The Daily Meal
100. Vanilla Wafer Cookies – Delish
101. Cherry Snowballs – Redpath Sugar
102. The Best Christmas Cookie Recipe – Kitchen Magpie
Cherries. Salted butter. Sugar. Everything you could possibly want.
103. Toffee Pecan Christmas Cookies – Eazy Peazy Mealz
104. Peppermint Meringue Kisses – the Kitchen Whisperer
105. Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups – Delish
106. Gingerbread EggNog Christmas Cookie – Paper and Stitch
107. Oatmeal Cranberry Christmas Cookies – Super Healthy Kids
108. M&M Cookies – Cafe Delites
109. Snickerdoodles – Modern Honey
110. Danish Brunkager – International Desserts Blog
111. Spritz Cookies – Rasa Malaysia
112. French Christmas Cookies –Taste of Home
113. Folded Hazelnut Cookies – Taste of Home
114. Peppermint Christmas Cookies – Food.com
Don’t forget the food coloring for this one – makes it ten times more fun!
115. Chocolate Rum Balls – Allrecipes
116. Healthier Gingerbread Cookies – A Couple Cookies
With almond butter, wheat flour, applesauce, and brown sugar, these savory cookies are much healthier than the old fashioned classic.
117. Peanut Butter Molasses Cookies – Allrecipes
118. Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars – the Country Cook
119. Christmas Sables Cookies Recipe – Chocolate & Zucchini
120. Italian Christmas Cookies – Cakescottage
121. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti – Allrecipes
122. Snickerdoodles – Dreena Burton
Vegan? You’ll love these vegan snickerdoodles!
123. Maroon Cookies – Entertaining with Beth
124. Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints – The Domestic Rebel
125. Yugoslavian Christmas Cookies – Gonna Want Seconds
A great way to use up all of those pasture raised eggs in your fridge, am I right?
126. Raspberry Almond Kiss Cookies – Allrecipes
127. Santa’s Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe – the Cookie Rookie
128. Chewy Strawberry Sugar Cookies – Allrecipes
129. Snowball Cookies – Platter Talk
130. Whoopie Pies – Allrecipes
These are my dad’s all-time favorite cookies.
131. Mint Christmas Cookies – Family Cookie Recipes
132. Whole Wheat Ginger Snaps – Allrecipes
133. Peanut Butter Christmas Mice – Land O’Lakes
134. Snowball Keto Christmas Cookies – The Endless Meal
Following the keto diet? You can enjoy the best of holiday baking, too.
135. Buttermilk Cookies – Jen’s Favorite Cookies
136. Coconut Cranberry Yummies – Taste of Home
137. Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies – Bless This Mess Please
138. No Bake Christmas Wreath Treats – Taste of Home
139. Rugelach – Allrecipes
140. Neapolitan Cookies – Hummingbird High
141. Funfetti Christmas Cookies – Sugar Spun Run
142. Pecan Meltaways – Homemade Hooplah
143. Chocolate-Dipped Cranberry Cookies – Cooking Classy
144. Cake Mix Christmas Cookies – Six Sisters’ Stuff
145. Roly Poly Santas – Better Homes and Gardens
146. Chocolate Christmas Crinkle Cookies – Erren’s Kitchen
147. Grandma’s Star Cookies – Taste of Home
You’ll need a star cookie cutter for this one.
148. Triple Chocolate Peppermint Treats – Taste of Home
149. Cream Cheese Christmas Cookies – Southern Living
150. Kipplens – Taste of Home
151. Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti – Allrecipes
152. Fully Loaded CHristmas Cookies – Boulder Locavore
Best yet, these are gluten free!
153. Chocolate Ganache Cookie Cups – Modern Honey
154. Almond Raspberry Stars – Farm and Dairy
155. Kris Kringle Christmas Cookies – Kim’s Cravings
156. Fruit-Filled Spritz Cookies – Taste of Home
157. Rolo Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies – Living Locurto
158. Gingerbread Sandwich Trees – Taste of Home
159. Chocolate Nut Pinwheel Cookies – Taste of Home
160. Slice and Bake Christmas Cookies – Walking on Sunshine Recipes
The perfect recipe for the home baker in a serious hurry.
161. Candied Fruit Cookies – Taste of Home
162. Butter Snowflake Cookies – Allrecipes
163. Hidden Mint Morsels – MasterCook
164. Spring Lime Tea Cookies – Allrecipes
165. Snow Angel Cookies – Taste of Home
166. Cashew Cookies – Taste of Home
167. Easy Almond Butter Cookies – Allrecipes
168. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – Allrecipes
169. Gingerbread Cookies with Buttercream Icing – Taste of Home
170. Spritz Orange Crisps – Allrecipes
Use a cookie press to make more intricate designs!
171. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies – Sally’s Baking Addiction
172. Peppermint Twist Kisses – Taste of Home
173. White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Dreams – Allrecipes
174. Mincemeat Cookies – Allrecipes
175. Coconut Icebox Cookies – Salad in a Jar
176. Candy Cane Snowball Cookies – Allrecipes
177. Oatmeal Icebox Cookies – Allrecipes
178. White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies – Allrecipes
179. Cherry Almond Icebox Cookies – Hy-Vee
180. Cream Cheese Snow Cookies – Allrecipes
181. Christmas Lights Cookies – Dessert for Two
182. Orange Date Pinwheel Cookies – Allrecipes
183. Eggnog Biscotti – Home Cooking Memories
184. Zebra Cookies – Allrecipes
185. Chewy White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies – JoyFoodSunshine
186. Cranberry Cookies with Browned Butter Glaze – Bed and Breakfast Inns
187. Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies – Taste of Home
188. Tea Tassies – My Adventures in the Country
189. Jam Filled Butter Cookies – Allrecipes
190. Reindeer Track Cookies – My San Francisco Kitchen
191. Benne Wafers – Simply Recipes
192. Walnut Tassies – Taste of Home
193. Eggnog Thumbprints – Allrecipes
194. Lemon Crinkle Cookies – Lauren’s Latest
195. Chocolate Lebkuchen – A Dash of Ginger
196. Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons – Dinner, Then Dessert
197. Black and White Cookies – Epicurious
198. Lemon Curd Tassies – Better Homes and Gardens
199. Swedish Cream Wafers – Yummy Tummy
200. Macadamia Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies – Akron Ohio Moms
What are your favorite Christmas cookie recipes? Be sure to share in the comments! I’m always looking for fresh ideas.
Want to learn more about farming? Be sure to take a look at these other articles.
- How to Cut Up A Chicken For the Freezer
- How to Make Your Own Sourdough Bread
- 20 Resourceful Recipes to Use Up Leftover Pickles
- 6 Absolutely Tantalizing Radish Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
Subscribe to our email newsletter for regular tips and tricks on farming– wherever you are. You can also follow us on Instagram (@jrpiercefamilyfarm) and Pinterest (J&R Pierce Family Farm) for frequent updates. Happy farming!